Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Chatterbox


This is Marley's best friend - The Bear.

She loves it. And I mean loves it. No matter what mood she's in if I put her under this toy she imemdiately smiles and starts to kick the ball to make the music and lights go. It's the first toy that she started to purposefully use her hands to swat at something with. She also like to tell The Bear about her day. She talks loudly to him, looking right at his face. And she the music and lights start, she smiles back at him. Almost as if she thinks he's talking back to her.

The point of all this information is that after I picked Marley up from daycare yesterday, we had to run some errands. She always falls asleep in the car, and she ended up sleeping the entire time we were out. We got home around 7:30 and I had to wake her up for a bottle. She was pretty happy and content, but sorta lazy. I told her she could visit with The Bear for a few minutes while Mama took care of some stuff (mainly a potty break :) ) and then we'd play. I left her chattering happily to The Bear, with Peyton vigilantly watching their every move from the chair. After a couple of minutes I don't hear anyone making any noise, so I peek in. Marley is sound asleep in the floor with her binky tight in her mouth, Peyton is asleep in the chair and Mama is sooooo disappointed. No one to play with. And Marley let The Bear put her to sleep rather than needing our usual routine.

So I think I saw my daughter awake for about 45 minutes total yesterday. That's a sad day.

No comments: