Monday, December 10, 2007

I forgot . . . .

to post about Thanksgiving Dinner.

it was a great day with my family. everyone seemed to have a nice time, even though my small dining room table ( i heart IKEA) only sat 4 people and my 2 year old nephew claimed his seat early on.


There was one slightly major problem of the day - the mashed potatoes. During the mashing phase my hand mixer broke. completely burned up the motor. if there's one thing we all love it's starchy foods and potatoes are top on the list. this was cause for panic. but my dad pulled through as you can see from the picture.

yes -that's a drill!! my dad just clamped the beater into the drill and viola! a redneck hand mixer! however, even with all my dad's hardwork the potatoes were a lost cause. they resembled nasty glue (fyi - you have to mash potatoes warm, do not let them wait until you have time) and had to be scrapped. thank god the grocery store was open.

and for some unknown reason only 1/2 the turkey cooked. we're still not sure why.

but hey, we all survived!

No comments: