Monday, December 24, 2007

Our first Christmas Party

did not go as planned. we spent the afternoon in my nephew's bedroom because marley was crying continuously. and by crying i mean screaming.

i'm still not sure what was the cause of it all. but after about 2 hours of it, i called the dr on call. and he was my least favorite dr of all. he thought it might be that a hair was wrapped around her toe causing pain (i only wish i were kidding) or a problem going to the bathroom. one of my aunts finally got her to fall asleep and when she woke up crying again, i tried his suggestion of a glycerine suppository. it did nothing.

last night at home she was still a little off. sorta fussy and uncomfortable, and when i tried to feed her she screamed again. so i put her in her swing with her binky and she fell asleep. which is where i left her until she woke-up at 4 am today. i slept on the couch so i could hear her. this morning she's taken 2 bottles fine, and ate her rice ceral and peaches as usual. still not sure what all the fuss was about yesterday but hopefully it's gone for good. i like my happy-go-lucky baby.

on a side note: sleeping on the couch was very interesting last night. my couch is definetly over-sized. and usually quite comfortable. as some of you may know (ie have heard me complain before) my dog (peyton) and one of my cats (mabel) sleep with me each night. they are very snuggly sleepers, while i'm more of a "don't let any part of you touch me" sleeper. some nights it's very crowded in my king-sized bed. last night was miserable. i woke up once with mabel curled up on my chest under my chin and peyton draped across my legs which were bent in a weird and uncomfortable manner. i woke up again with mable biting at my toe under the covers and peyton on the pillow and leaning against my head.

so for all you that came to the party yesterday, i hope you had a great time and i'm sorry i didn't get to visit more. and i really hope my daughter has a better showing at the next family gathering :)

No comments: